November 18, 2015
Small Business Saturday is just around the corner (November 28th for US / December 5th for UK) so here are a few ideas to help you make the most of this day where holiday shoppers are actively looking to spend their money with small businesses:
- Create a compelling ‘Small Business Saturday’ offer or promotion that your customers can only take advantage of that day. Ideally, you will reach out to your customers – be it on social media, through email marketing, etc – in advance to let them know that you’ll be doing something special for the day.
- If you have a storefront (or your commercial kitchen if it’s safe and legal for outsiders to enter), plan a special event for that day to help draw customers to you. This could include tastings of new holiday products, a Gingerbread house decorating event for kids, etc – be creative!
- Partner with a charity that is important to your business and your company’s mission and communicate the fact that a portion of your sales from that day will benefit that charity.
- Take advantage of the free Small Business Saturday resources made available on the American Express webpage (the company behind Small Business Saturday). This can include banners for your website and/or social media, printable signs for your store or booth, and more.
- Band together with other small businesses to supersize Small Business Saturday for your customers. By partnering with other local small businesses you can help create more of a one stop shopping experience for your customers. Ideas include doing promotions together, advertising together, or carrying other small business’ products, or even sharing with your social media followers your favorite small businesses to shop from.
Lastly, make sure you return the favor and shop local and shop small yourself on Small Business Saturday! It’s good small business karma.
- Holiday Food Sales Predictions – Keeping The Grinch At Bay
- Help Thy Small Business Neighbor
- Surprising And Delighting Your Customers